You’ll learn step-by-step how to use Opa by building two projects through the course of the book: a wiki application similar to Wikipedia, and a Twitter-like micro-blogging platform. Discover how easy it is to use Opa to develop applications with real-time updates, database interactions, and web service design.
- Learn fundamental concepts, including Opa’s functional programming style
- Construct HTML resources dynamically and embed static resources on an Opa server
- Use Opa’s method for performing CRUD operations and storing key-value pairs in MongoDB
- Build an Opa user interface with the Bootstrap toolkit from Twitter
- Learn variant types, pattern-matching, polymorphic types, recursive functions, and other advanced features
- Manage user accounts by building login forms, handling account activation, and tracking logged users
- Build a reactive UI—a real-time interface that continuously updates user events