and the latest W3C specifications to build mobile and desktop web apps that
are widely supported across all browsers and devices. You’ll quickly master
building client-side applications with a loosely coupled backend infrastructure
that supports offline clients.
Learn how to incorporate web storage, web workers, geolocation, Device Orientation,
and WebSockets into your application architecture, using real-world examples.
If you’re familiar with server-side programming and understand the basics of
HTML5, this book is for you.
- Assemble a coherent architectural whole from HTML5’s complex collection of parts
- Gain a clear understanding of client-side architecture and the “mobile first” approach
- Design, create, and tune eye-catching and robust mobile web apps
- Learn best practices for setting up a raw WebSocket server
- Examine how sites such as Google, Twitter, and Amazon store data
- Use real-world methods for applying geolocation, and learn the pitfalls of various implementations
- Process images and other data in the background with Web Workers